Forum Is Happiness A Destination? - This One Theory Might Just Save Your Life

Forum

Is Happiness A Destination? - This One Theory Might Just Save Your Life

johnmarty Devotee 2018-06-01 09:18:31

Is Happiness A Destination? - This One Theory Might Just Save Your Life

Is happiness a destination? - I've spent my whole life thinking that happiness was a destination. Society has led you and I to believe that chasing prestige and wealth will make you happy, but it never does. In this video I'll explain a simple theory that might just change the way you view happiness. 

Video Summary:
In my personal journey of self development I stumbled on the concept that happiness is not a destination. 

I recently reconnected with a buddy of mine who works in the investment banking industry. He told me how hard he's been working over the past 7 years to get where he is today. He then mentioned something I will never forget. He said that he was recently put into a role to watch over young associates to make sure none of them overworked themselves to a point of committing suicide. 

This video begins to question why so many of us are willing to sacrifice our health and well being for society's version of success and happiness. I then present a theory of the Hedonic treadmill to backup why I believe the chasing happiness as a destination is a zero sum game. 

I firmly believe that gaining a deep understanding of this seemingly simple concept will completely change your life. 

So after watching this video do you still think that happiness is a destination?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajug3ElbBN8

Add post

To post in the forum you have to login

Don't have an account yet? register here